Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Six Word Memoir Debrief

What did I learn about Storytelling?

I learned not only how important every word is, but every detail is. Whether it is punctuation, a phrase , even symbols. For example I used the ">" in my fourth memoir to save me a couple of words and present my idea in a unique way. Also things like punctuation not only add to your work but also make it easier to understand, much I did in my first memoir.

Where did I show my knowledge on storytelling? 

A picture is worth a thousand words, this phrase could not be any truer for an assignment like this. I would use certain camera angles that would give the picture a certain feel or message that I wanted to send. The best examples being memoirs #2,#7, and #8. In memoir #2 I used the angle to make the reader feel smaller along with making the stairs bigger and more intimidating. In #7 I centered the picture of me playing Rengar to help show what your suppose to be focusing on. And in 8# I tried to increase the significance of the tree but taking a shot with a lower angle along with some visual effects to give it more life.

What did I learn as a reader, writer, thinker, and story-writer?
     
 The biggest idea that I toke from this project is that sometimes "saying less" can mean so much more than
"saying a lot". Especially when it comes to creative projects, because the coolest thing is letting the reader interpret your work in their own way. Which a lot of times is more powerful than out right telling them what you meant since they can interpret it in a way that is more significant to them. Whether it be a memory that they recalled from a long time ago or brought a new prospective to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment